Why I didn’t immediately turn on my heels, or rather, my rubber boots (because you know walking into a property like The Homemade Farm, rubber boots are a must) and politely whisper, “um…no.” is beyond me. But I’m thankful that I had the vision to bring it back to life because this little farmhouse of mine is (slowly) turning into a gem.
I received exciting news from Mom Central Canada that I would be partnering with them and Frigidaire as a #testdrivemom Frigidaire Ambassador!! This means trying out and reviewing a gorgeous Gallery French Door Refrigerator and designing my new kitchen around it!! Pinch me. I still can’t believe it! Expect to see several posts from me over the coming months detailing my experience with Frigidaire starting…now!
At first when I was designing our kitchen I had a moment of panic thinking that the nearly 400lbs, 6 foot tall, 28 cubic foot Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator would be too large for the space. At 36″ wide and counter deep, it needs a substantial amount of room – something that the little farmhouse didn’t have much of with the current layout of the kitchen. But once we knocked down cabinets, removed a closet, did some re-framing and removed the dark paneling, the kitchen was immediately bigger, more airy and could definitely welcome a fridge of this size.
I was able to customize the cabinetry to specifically fit my new Frigidaire appliances perfectly. I decided on a simple galley style kitchen that would make the most of our space without chopping up the rooms. I wanted to keep the flow of the kitchen/dining/living room open so this layout made the most sense. And since the Gallery French Door Refrigerator is counter depth, I could achieve a custom “built-in look” that ensures proper ventilation and allows room for a water hook up for the PureSource Ultra® Water Filtration.
I’ll be going into depth about all the features of the fridge and how it works for my family, but until then, here are a few notes about what makes this fridge the Cadillac of fridges:
- Deep Plastic Freezer Basket with Adjustable Divider: Deep freezer storage with adjustable divider keeps food organized and accessible.
- Three-Tier LED Lighting: Lights at every level, from top shelf to bottom bin.
- Quick Freeze: Quickly freeze whatever you store to keep foods at their freshest.
- Store-More™ Full-Width Drawer: A large capacity Cool Zone™ drawer provides enough space to easily store anything from sheet cakes and large platters to snacks and juice boxes.
- Effortless™ Glide Crisper Drawers: Keep your fruits and vegetables fresh in our crisper drawers which easily glide out, and are designed to effortlessly close.
- Effortless™ Glide Freezer Drawers: Drawers glide out smoothly and fully extend, giving you easy access to what’s inside.
- Store-More™ Bins: Gallon-size bins are designed to store more, so you can fit a gallon of milk.
- SpillSafe® Glass Shelves: SpillSafe® glass shelves slide out for easy access and are designed to keep spills contained, making cleanup a breeze.
- PureAir Ultra® Filters: PureAir Ultra® air filters effortlessly keep the air in your refrigerator fresh.
Since we are still in the process of renovating and have had a couple surprises such as having to re-wire the entire house…we’re slightly delayed so I decided not to remove the plastic on the fridge and left everything as it was when it arrived. Until hammers stop swinging I won’t be putting the handles on the fridge so it doesn’t get damaged. In about 10 days (or less hopefully!) we’ll be moving in and I’ll have that beauty stocked full and we can become fully acquainted!
more before/during/almost after pictures:
Here’s a picture from the first time the realtor showed us the farm. My 5 year old was telling me he didn’t want to move into this stinky house. And my 3 year old holding his breath. Oh, the drama.
Me? I was telling my husband that we need to put in an offer immediately because I knew this could be something great. He smirked because we both knew we were crazy enough to do it.
Reminded me of the Mad Hatter.
The Mad Hatter: “Have I gone mad?” Alice: “I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
Gotta take the risks, peeps.
So this. THIS is the picture I fell in love with on a cold, snowy day in February. If I squinted really hard I could see a stunning white, farmhouse kitchen.
So naturally I had dreams of ripping it all out, building it back from scratch and having gorgeous shiny appliances in place of the teensy tiny apartment sized ones pictured here:
And when the owners moved out it looked like this:
Then we got to work and it looked like this:
Then after 10 days of work, with the most BEAUTIFUL fridge in the whole world sitting pretty, here we are:
More on this, coming up!
Missed the previous posts?
Here’s more on The Homemade Farm.
Disclosure: I am part of the Frigidaire Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.0