Over the past several months my husband and I have been back and forth about what would be the best method for coffee we both enjoyed. I love really great pour over coffee but he likes it to be simple and quick. I really love the taste of coffee and the look of a beautiful, high end espresso machine but a $1,000-$3,000 price tag for only having one function is outrageous.
We’ve been relying on instant espresso (Nescafe Espresso brand is surprisingly good and $6 for 100g) but I totally upped our coffee game when I realized you can make cappuccinos in the vitamix. Why is nobody talking about this or plastering it across the front of the box??? It’s basically a dream come true for someone like me who loves her green smoothies as much as her lattes.
Pretty sure angels were singing the first time I whipped one of these up. It’s honestly better than a starbucks cappuccino or latte. It just tastes…real. And the cost? Well I’m pretty sure my vitamix will pay for itself in a few months with the amount of use it’s getting!
- 1 mug of milk (I use skim or 1%)
- 1/2 to 1tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of instant espresso
- sugar to taste (I like 2tsp)
- 1 tbsp of white or chocolate chips (optional)
This recipe is for 1. Double it up to make enough for 2!
- Heat your milk until hot (I use 1% milk and heat in the microwave for 2 mins)
- Add all the ingredients to your vitamix and blend on high at 10 for 30-60 seconds.
The vitamix does all the work for you and leaves you with a perfectly foamy frothy cappuccino.